My family and I have been working hard to mend our bad eating ways. It's a constant struggle and I am always on the look out for really easy and delicious recipes that also happen to be good for you. This chicken dish is by far one of our favorites and gets made often.
~ ~ ~
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- 2 lbs. Boneless, skinless, split chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup all natural coarse grain mustard
- 7 Tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of Chipotle pepper
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Mix in a medium bowl the garlic, mustard, honey, thyme and chipotle pepper. Mix in chicken and stir well to get the chicken covered. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for several hours to marinate. I stir the chicken every so often when I go to the refrigerator for a drink or a snack.
- When you are ready to prepare dinner, line a baking sheet with foil, mist with cooking spray and preheat oven to 375.
- lay out sliced peppers on the baking sheet, then place marinated chicken on top. Bake in the oven until meat is at an internal temperature of 165 degrees (I am crazy faithful to my meat thermometer)
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve
*Please note this was originally a clean eating recipe that my family has altered, especially in the preparation process. But it's so good and people are always asking for the recipe. If you aren't feeding a large hungry family you might want to cut this recipe in half.
Cowboys aren’t always what they seem…They’re often so much more.
Sheriff Dane Carter was only looking for a cold one when he stepped into Duke’s Bar & Grill after a long shift but ended up finding trouble instead. From the moment he laid eyes on Tyler he’d known the man would be trouble. When a bar fight turns into an explosive sexual encounter, Tyler becomes an instant temptation he can’t afford. Then the real trouble begins.
Tyler Evans came to Chicory hoping for a chance to clean up his act and start over. In one night his new life begins to unravel. A harmless game of pool spirals out of control and he’s later accused of a crime he didn’t commit. Determined to prove his innocence, he decides to attach himself to the sheriff until they find the real culprit. If he happens to get his hands on the deliciously handsome man haunting his thoughts again–so be it.
When the situation turns dangerous, the tension between Dane and Tyler reaches the breaking point. In the heat of the moment Tyler goes too far and his hope for the future walks out the door, leaving him with a murky future at best.