I recently ordered a recipe book called The Cupcake Bible, and there’s a recipe sticks out to me as a Try-Soon-Please-And-Thank-You type of thing. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if this makes it to some part of my Christmas baking fiasco that runs during December :) Here’s the general idea of what the book details:
~ ~ ~
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
1 cup of creamy peanut butter, divided
¼ cup (or ½ stick) of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
1 ½ cups of mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided (plus more for the top, if you’d like)
Peanut Butter frosting (or, if you’re a Kentucky girl like me, “icing”) – instructions to come!
Instructions for Cupcakes:
- Oven should to be at 350 degrees.
- Clearly, you’ll need to use baking cups in the pan, use Pam, smear butter… Something to keep the cupcakes from sticking.
- Use an electric mixer (on medium) to mix the butter and ½ cup of peanut butter together.
- Add the brown sugar, and mix again – thoroughly.
- Add one egg, then blend with the electric mixer.
- Add the other egg, then blend with the electric mixer.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a different bowl.
- Add the mixture from step #7 into the peanut butter blend, but not all at once. Instead, alternate between adding that mixture and the milk.
- Use the electric mixer on low until everything is blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Dip the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let them cool while you prepare the icing (instructions to follow).
- Spread icing over the cupcakes.
- Heat the remaining peanut butter in microwave (on High) for about fifteen seconds – or until it’s melted – then pour over the iced cupcakes.
- Heat the remaining chocolate chips in microwave (on High) for about fifteen seconds – or until it’s melted – then pour over the iced cupcakes.
- Add additional chocolate chips to the top, if you’d like.
Ingredients for Icing:
½ cup (or 1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened
½ cup of creamy peanut butter
2 cups of sifted powdered sugar
½ teaspoon of vanilla
3-6 tablespoons of milk
Instructions for Icing:
- Use electric mixer (on medium) to mix ½ cup (or 1 stick) of butter and ½ cup of peanut butter in a bowl.
- Gradually add 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon of vanilla.
- Add 3-6 tablespoons of milk, one at a time until it’s smooth.
| || |
Preston and Nick endured the breakup of all breakups when Nick accused her of cheating on him. He insisted, and she denied while the rain pounded against her driveway and thunder roared in the distance. Then they both ran – Preston to a life of Rock and Roll, and Nick to a career in the Army.
Over four years later, they’re damaged and broken almost beyond repair. He’s carrying baggage from his military days, and she bears the scars of living a lifestyle she’s grown to hate.
When Preston’s label forces her to take time away from music, their paths cross in a parking lot not twenty-four hours after her hometown return, anger and sparks flying in a confusing blend. But regardless of the feelings neither has been able to shake, too many lies and secrets stand in the way of the one thing they need in order to recover.
~ ~ ~
Main Site/Blog: http://clsmithbooks.blogspot.com